Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tip of the Week: Using My Site in SharePoint

Application: SharePoint

Each TWU faculty and staff has a My Site space in SharePoint. This is an internal website that can be used to store documents, keep a calendar, project tasks and more. SharePoint is available from on or off campus, making it a flexible way to store and manage information. There are two parts of My Site: My Home and My Profile.

Using My Home in SharePoint
• Personal place to store documents, calendars, surveys, tasks, and lists
• Permissions can be set by item to determine who can view or edit
• Many items can be linked to your Outlook account to view and edit through Outlook
Using My Profile in SharePoint
• Professional public profile page
• Fields to offer information about professional affiliations, skills, contact info, reporting hierarchy
• Option to display a picture

0 comments: